Look How Old I Am

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Praying and Believing in Miracles

I have taken some time to write this update so I can update without all the emotions. There have been some good things and frustrating things take place within the last month on the adoption front.


Some good news is that they finally had the meeting they had been attempting to have with the government 5 times :) the meeting did take place and everyone was in attendance. They placed a new 'team' in charge of creating a new adoption policy. The team will be all Liberians, which could be a good thing because we know they WANT to continue adoptions and get things moving again. But it could be a bad thing because we know how Liberians 'time-frame' works!


There were no time lines or deadlines set at the meeting, so no news on when it will be completed and when the ban will be lifted. We do know that elections are coming up within the next year and the UN has decided to stay in Liberia for another year (praise God!) This really had me worried as I know the country isn't yet stable and there is word that as soon as the UN leaves the rebels will take over again! I'm comforted to know they will be there for another year keeping my babies safe.
Some bad news/frustrating news...Our agency is considering closing down. This was very hard for me to take in the beginning, which is why it has taken me so long to update you about it. I wanted clear thoughts and words to come out and not emotions. The problem is...adoptions have been at a stand-still since Jan. of 2009, and the 6 months before that it wasn't moving quickly by any means. There are families who have been supporting their children for nearly 5 years and still waiting and suppporting! Matt and I are going on our 3rd and know how draining it can be financially. Some families had to make the difficult decision to drop out of the program. It's now what they wanted by any means, but they had no other options...funds just simply ran out. There have been nearly 10 families have to drop out of the program, leaving several children in the orphanage without support.

So this means that the fees the remaining families are paying are having to be spread really thin to take care of all the children in the home. There's just not enough funds to pay the bills and take care of all the children's needs. So our agency is having to make a tough decision to shut down the orphanage.


We don't know what this means for Onah and Marie and our family. We do know there are several options out there where we could still be able to adopt them even if AFAA closes in Liberia, but it will be a much more difficult process in the long run.

After many,many tears of confusion and frustration; many questions asking God why and when; much frustration with no answers; and many many prayers asking for understanding, I have come to a peace within me that I know only God can give! I have come to the realization of how BIG my God is and the fact that even when it seems like things are falling apart, I know and BELIEVE that God is in control of it all and is working out for the BEST for me! It may hurt now and not make any kind of sense but what He is doing through this is making me a better person and servant...I just have to trust Him in that!

I am PRAYING AND BELIEVING asking that you please join me in PRAYING AND BELIEVING in a miracle!
-God will give AFFA the funds and resources needed to stay open in Liberia
-God will lift the ban on adoptions in Liberia
-God will give Matt and I the priveledge of raising HIS children Onah and Marie in our home.


Trusting in Him through our Journey!
post divider tag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption

Adoption is when a child grows in it's mommy's heart instead of her tummy