Look How Old I Am

Monday, December 8, 2008

Jehovah Jireh--OUR PROVIDER

Yet, another lesson of TRUST! God is so good and he is our provider! We had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend with family. We were really looking forward to the weekend just to get away and be away from all the business we've had lately. We were surprised with the blessings God had in store for us! We truly had a thankful heart over Thanksgiving! Let me share with you how God moved! First of all...let we had been praying about our mission trip to Liberia, which is completely separate from our adoption. We had planned on going to Liberia before all the adoption stuff had happened. We had a huge deadline for our trip coming up the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Matt and I combined had to raise a total of almost $3,000 in two weeks. We thought we were going to have to come up with it on our own. We had been praying to God about it and asking for his help, and I KNEW He COULD do it and provide it all, but I didn't know if He WOULD. So we were blessed with some money right before we had left and had about $600 to go. I was satisfied, I thought, okay, we can handle $600, that's easier than $3,000, and thanked God for what He had done. But we soon found, He wasn't done.
Each year in the Huff family we use the money we would spend on each other to put into a big "pot" and give other families a nice Christmas that wouldn't have one. We collect a list from the families and get together as a family and have one huge shopping trip together followed by a fun filled lunch! It's alot of fun! So this year my dad announces that we only have one family to shop for this year and so all the money that was left over they wanted to give to us to help out with our trip and adoption. I was of course bawling my eyes out!
The next day we are at Matt's parents eating lunch when they announced that they wanted to help a family in need this year too. They wanted to be apart of bringing home our babies and helping us with our mission trip as well! It was an emotional weekend needless to say! God said, "You thought I was done? I have more blessings in store for you!" He opened up the floodgates on this one!
I am truly grateful for my family. Not just because of the financial support they gave us but because they are such an amazing group of people truly seeking to be Christ to others! I am proud to be apart of what they do and who they are and who they radiate from their lives, Christ!
So over the weekend we paid for our trip to Liberia (actually we have $30 to go), and we were able to pay $1600 towards adoption fees!!!! The funny thing is that the next week we got a bill in the mail for Marie...$1500 :) God is Jehovah-Jireh...The Great Provider!!! He's in control of any obstacle that comes our way!
Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption

Adoption is when a child grows in it's mommy's heart instead of her tummy