Look How Old I Am

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Treasured Memories

To my precious babies, Onah and Marie:

I miss you so much!!! Much much more than you'll ever know I'm sure! We met you for the first time 3 weeks ago, and I can still feel you in my arms! I can feel your soft skin on my lips. I wanted to write this and let you know how much I love you and what I learned about you the first time we met!
Onah, you are a little fighter! You were so terrified of mommy and daddy. The first time I held you, you just cried and cried. You soon learned though that I loved you and the crying stopped. Marie, you were such a little sweet pea. I always heard people come back and say you are so small and you are such a little 'sweet pea' and I found for myself that is what you are!
When mommy and daddy held you, you just snuggled right in and listened to our heart beat. Marie you love to suck your thumb! Just like your big brother...Colten that is :) You loved to chew on your picture book that mommy and daddy made for you!
We were able to come and visit you 3 times while we were in Liberia on our mission trip. Mommy wished she could come every day but we were busy helping the people who needed us. We hope that one day you will have the amount of love for Liberia as we do and will help the hurting people who need Jesus' love.
One night we were able to feed you your bottles and put you to bed. Onah you scarfed yours down!!! You had milk all over your face,...it was pretty cute! Marie, you were as content as could be in mommy's arms. You fell asleep drinking your bottle and mommy had to wake you up so you'd finish it. Mommy got you in your pj's and snuggled up with you! You fell asleep in my arms and I tucked you into bed. Do you remember me singing to you? I sang one of Colten's favorite songs: "The rocking horse song".
Onah stayed up like a night owl with daddy watching the tv with all the other kids! He's going to be a daddy's boy just like Colten!
The day we left was hard for mommy. I know that God will reunite us soon and all this hurt will be a thing of the past. I can't wait for the day I get to come and get you and bring you home forever! I covered you in kisses, probably enough to last you till I can come and get you! I hope you know you are loved and missed greatly! I long for the day I get to see you again, but until then lots more kisses sent from me to you! Love you so much and treasuring the memories we made!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption

Adoption is when a child grows in it's mommy's heart instead of her tummy