Look How Old I Am

Friday, January 30, 2009

What a Week!!!

This week has been so emotional! From high's to low's! It's all good though, cause I know I'm not alone in all this! I have a cool story to share with all of you...
The lady who took our babes pics is named Karen. I emailed her and asked a ton of questions as you can imagine about how the babes were doing. She replied back with, "Onah is a chunk, but a cutie! He is a special boy and stole my heart. I held him most of the time I was there. What a precious boy! Marie is so tiny, and a little sweetheart."
She said something in her email that kinda struck me. She told me that Ophelia, Onah's mother still vistis him religiously every Sunday. She said she got to meet her, and that she is good friends with her adopted children's bio. grandmother. I didn't know what to think about his at first, but then I realized this was God giving me some understanding. You see the day before I had asked God why? I had asked him to give me understanding about his timing. Now, I don't know what God has to say, all I know is what I feel in my heart and what I believe is Him talking to me...faith, you know! (This is a Journey of Faith after all!)
So, I started thinking, "Liberia is the best place for Onah right now! This is why God's timing is the way it is. Onah's mother's love for him is apparent! She can't afford to take care of him and give him the medication he needs to live so she knew the best thing for her son would be to give him up. How hard that must have been for her! She has gone through the process, but I don't know if she has 'let him go' yet. All of my disappointments in the last few days can't compare to the pain she must feel each day! How she must treasure that time with him every Sunday! I can't imagine having to give up my Colten because I couldn't give him what he needed! That would be so hard and I don't know if I could do it even if that is what was best for him? So, God gave me some insight and made me feel a little selfish actually! Onah's mother still needs him right now, and when the time is right, she will be able to let go.
The other interesting thing I found was in my mission journal yesterday. We were asked to pray for God to bring someone to us on our trip in Liberia who we could be of encouragement to. I'm beginning to think that part of the reason I'm going on this trip is for this reason! I don't know if I will or not, but what if I meet Onah's mother? There's a very good chance! What will I say? How awkward will that be? I know the Holy Spirit will lead me in what I say and do. I can't help but think, this is why I'm going. Maybe my purpose is to offer encouragement, peace, and God's love with my son's bio. mother! How cool would it be to raise Onah in God's love, raising him up into salvation and being able to share with him that his mother would be in heaven with him someday! I think that would be pretty amazing! God's timing is perfect and if we ask for understanding He will give generously to all without finding fault! James 1:2-8
Pray that I will have the words to say to Ophelia, Onah's mother, and that I can offer her peace, comfort, love, or anything she is needing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption

Adoption is when a child grows in it's mommy's heart instead of her tummy