Look How Old I Am

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Ball's Still Rolling!

We received Marie's legal papers in the mail yesterday and sent them out today. Now these papers will go to the court, just like Onah's. Basically, we have accepted her as our child. Now the government has to accept us as her parents. Still lots more to do!
Meanwhile we had to make an ammendment to our homestudy because we were approved for twins or a sibling group but not two non siblings. Wording has to be just right on all the documents. We got our ammendment yesterday as well and have to send it out to everyone involved. I'm hoping that we don't have another fee with CIS (immigration services) and have to do all that over again.
I can't wait to get these babies home, because the emotional rollercoaster will be over! Every day it's hard to not think about what's going on that I can't see or be in control of. I pray earnestly every day for our babies to come home soon and it seems like we wait forever to get updates from what's going on. It's hard cause I'll get excited when we do hear news and then after a week or so right back down the rollercoaster, waiting to be picked back up again.
One night while doing devotions, I just began crying and asked God for strength. I read my favorite strength verse in Isaiah 40, and it didn't bring the usual comfort that normally follows. I opened up a book I've been reading, and every word I read brought tears to my eyes. It was pretty amazing how God just spoke to me, and not only in my situation but can speak this to many of you who might be reading as well. You know how you pray the same prayer over and over, and in the back of your mind you wonder, "Should I pray it today? Or was yesterday's good enough? When will I see an answer from this prayer?" I read something I'll never forget, the book said, "EVERY prayer sets SOMETHING into motion!"
Even though we can't see God working doesn't mean He isn't. Reading this gave me hope and determination to keep up the prayers. The bible says, we do not receive because we do not ask. I'm gonna keep seeking and asking for God to move. One other thing that kinda gave me a gut check that I read. It was actually a prayer and I had to read it over and over and realize this "written prayer" was just what I needed to ask God for, "Help me to be content with the step that I'm on and the light you have given me."
That's all the updates for now. We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption

Adoption is when a child grows in it's mommy's heart instead of her tummy