Look How Old I Am

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MARIE

God shocked us last week!!! We got a call from our agency and they said they noticed in our homestudy that we were qualified for siblings and we said we would accept twins if available. (Matt and I secretly wanted two children, so one wouldn't be alone, but were happy with what God had blessed us with...who wouldn't be???? Onah's a doll!) So she said Onah didn't have siblings but there was a baby girl dropped off at the orphanage that was about the same age as Onah and we were the only family on the list to adopt an infant in Liberia, so she didn't have a family. We couldn't just LEAVE HER THERE! God's word says, "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18 At first I was scared out of my mind cause I knew what God wanted us to do but of course I thought, "how in the world can we afford it? One is expensive enough!" Then God whispered to me as if he took my hand and said, "Remember you doubted me in the very beginning. You said, 'if money wasn't an issue you would adopt.' I made it so that money wasn't an issue and you learned to trust me. Obviously you didn't get it the first time so let's try this again...I want to show you how BIG I AM! You can't do it, but I CAN!" So we said yes!
Her name is Marie and she is NOT the same age as Onah. She is 2 months old!

We don't have any idea of her weight or size yet. We did get the medical results via phone that she checked out healthy. All her test came back negative. (That was barrier number one that we wanted God to open/shut the door...it flew open). Marie's mother was supposed to meet with a lawyer on Tuesday to relinquish her rights. Then we will have the paper work to sign and accept her as our second child, and from there it will go through the courts like Onah. She is currently in the foster care home with Onah and so just like Onah we are having to pay $225 a month to meet her needs as well.
You can do the math and see that I'm learning to TRUST GOD to provide the $450 a month for our children. But now even more than ever I'm crying out to God to move the adoption along quickly through their government and ours so that we can bring them home with us in February cause the $450 will become very difficult eventually. But, I know that God would not have given us Marie as well, if he wasn't going to provide for her. He will never give us more than we can handle so I have to TRUST that he knows our path and is giving us just enough light for the step ahead! I'm hoping that through all this and sharing it with you that you can learn that as well! Our God is BIG and he can do ANYTHING!
I never thought he would bless me so big with two babies! "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in him." Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption

Adoption is when a child grows in it's mommy's heart instead of her tummy